Monday 22 July 2013

Big Sexy Hair Shampoo + Conditioner Thoughts

Beauties ; Happy Monday - I hope this week has started well for you all and you made great memories over the weekend ♥ You may remember me posting a mini haul with the Big Sexy Hair shampoo and conditioner included and I really wanted to share my thoughts on these products. In my small town brands like these are very hard to find, so I was excited when I found them for only $12.99 per bottle. The regular retail value per bottle is $24.95 for 1000ml. There is alot of product in these bottles and oddly enough I am beyond half way through the shampoo and just barly put a dent in the conditioner.
The product's description is listed on the Ulta website as follows : Big Sexy Hair Color Safe Volumizing Shampoo is a moisturizing shampoo that revitalizes and increases fullness while creating volume. It adjusts the PH level of the water for optimal conditioning. Ideal for flat/fine/thick hair. Style Primed With: Botanical Extracts, Vitamin B3 & Lemon Grass. -- it all sounds fantasic, Vitamins, volumizing agents, this product balances ect ect. My verdict is I liked it until my hair began feeling brittle, and dry. I am so frustrated. I feel the product is great, it does it's job to a certain degree but it really doesnt deliver in terms of volumizing. It's hard to judge shampoo's and conditioners for others as each ones hair is different. I read reviews where this combo worked wonders, and others say the same as me, it left the hair feeling dry. I have blonde bleached and color treated hair, using products that take from my already damaged hair makes it hard to continue to use them. I often switch up my shampoo and conditioners but once I stopped using these specific products I unfortunitly have yet to return. The conditioner is thick, and really does not do it's job in "conditioning" I need products that make my hair look and feel healthy. I think overall the issue is no matter how unhealthy this is my hair needs those sulfates, and parabens. I need to feel like my hair is being cleaned and conditioned. My verdict is 50/50 - I would not repurchase just because this didn't cut it for me at the end. For someone who has less damage I feel this product would work fantastic. I guess I'll stick with my drug store brands- L'Oreal, and Garnier because these higher end brands just are not doing the trick!
Have you tried Big Sexy Hair products? If so how have they left your hair feeling?

No comments:

Post a Comment