Sunday 6 October 2013

INTRODUCING : REVLON BY MARCHESA 3D NAIL ART - JEWEL APPLIQUE *REVIEW*

Beauties,
Recently Revlon Canada sent me a fabulous package of 3D Nail Art applications to test out for you all. Upon first opening the package I thought really nothing of the collection besides they were very beautiful with designs I have never seen in nail applications. Further investigation into the package made my thoughts quite clear.. Just think of it as wearing expensive couture dresses made by Marchesa the only difference is it's on your nails!
"Revlon by Marchesa Nail Art 3D Jewel Applique" are a limited edition collection that brings together both Marchesa's re owned design expertise and Revlon's authority in colour and trend. The founders of Marchesa (Keren Craig and Georgina Chapman) collaborated with Revlon to collaborate the designs of couture gowns into a collection of textured nail applications accented with opulent jewels and dainty beads.

Product Pros

  • Exclusive 3D jewel designs inspired by Marchesa desgin motifs
  • Each package contains 18 strips to fit nail sizes
  • Will not stain nail bed
  • Salon-like nail art quality 
  • Easy application
  • UV cured technology (made to last) 
  • No dry time required 
  • Will not dry out
  • Appliques can be worn alone or over top coats/and or coloured polish for a wide range of unique looks

Availability & Price 

  • 8 designs to choose from
  • 24K Brocade, Beaded Couture, Crown Jewels, Evening Garnet, Glided Mosaic, Jeweled Noir, Royal Burgundy, and Silk Rosette 
  • Available October 2013 
  • Limited Edition 
  • Available at drugstores and mass retailers nationwide 
I really like all the beautiful options to choose from - these are definitely suited to dress up any outfit or to make a statement to something more casual. With that said I had to try them as soon as I opened the package. I really loved how they applied and I needed very little products to make them look effortless on my nails. 
What I Used :
  • Non Acetone "Beauty Secrets" polish remover from Sallys
  • Cotton Pads 
  • Nail Clippers
  • Nail File (optional as one is included in the kit)
  • Top Coat 
In order to get the look I did I removed the base coat on my nails using a sensitive nail polish remover and cotton pads. After that I used my nail clippers to cut back my nails as well as filed them to make each nail bed even. I applied the nail appliques in Glided Mosaic, and it was easy to get the stripes to fit each nail. After I applied all the stripes, I made sure to add my favourite top coat from Essie to make the stripes last longer on my nails. 
They came out beautifully! I adore how there is absolutely NO drying time. I applied these Thursday and I have not seen much chipping except at the tip of the nail. However this did not begin until Saturday and I was very busy doing errands as well as house chores. 

I have not taken them off and will keep them on and update you all on the longevity of this product. So far for a nail strip they have lasted longer than most nail polish(s) and other nail applications I have used previously. Overall I would rate this product an A -- they are beautiful, effortless and the selection is divine. I hope you all take a peak at these when they become available. 

4 comments:

  1. I received a set of the pink ones at a blogging event and these nail strips are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try these! Will they be in Shoppers Drug Mart or Lawtons? xx
    http://fromfilmwithlove.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late reply Film , Yes I beleive Shoppers Drug Mart carry (or carried) these xx

      Delete