Monday 9 July 2012

NOTD = Essie + Nailene Acrylic Strong Top Coat

Hey beauties , & Happy Monday ! I hope you all enjoyed your weekend!
Im starting off my week day with a gorgeous colour I've been eyeing for a while , but just never picked up , Thanks to my lovely swapper Rebecca she sent me Turquoise and Caicos! 

I was sent alot of polish during this swap so Im excited to do even more NOTD as I feel I never do enough and I update my polish at least every 2 days
This gorgeous colour reminds me of a Tiffany blue , it's so subtle and elegant and I absolutely love the name.
Essie always comes up with great names for there polish which in some odd enough way tells a story of some sort in my mind. I always think to myself "how can someone possibly come up with this name just based on the colour" there must be more behind it! 


I used 3 coats of this polish on my nails, as the first 2 coats went on really opaque to me (which I was a little shocked about) but I don't mind adding so many coats. I also find Essie polish to dry extremely quick, which is a plus especially if your on a clock.


After using the 3 coats of polish I used a top coat (that I also got from Rebecca) called Nailene Acrylic Strong topcoat. In addition I used this as a base coat ( I don't always use a base coat unless the nail colour is dark or my nails feel weakened) This is my first time using a nailene product (If I recall) but I have heard of the brand before. The topcoat has held up well as there has been no chipping. I usually use Essie's no chips ahead as my topcoat but this one was new and caught my attention !! 

So here it is , A gorgeous colour :) , all thanks to the lovely Rebecca :) 

Let me know which Essie polish is your favorite , have you tried Turquoise & Caicos? , also what is your favorite top coat and have you tried nailene products? If so how has this product work for you?


2 comments:

  1. I loveee this color/polish! BEAUTIFUL <3!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I love your new manicure! So thrilled that you're using some of the goodies I sent. :)

    ReplyDelete